Endowment of Adam
This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
I came across these trees as I walked towards Friars Crag in the lake district. The shape of the trees resembles two men leaned towards each other, extending their branches to reach across reminds me of a well-known fresco painting by Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel - The Creation of Adam.
Some believe there is a hidden message. The drapery behind God in the painting closely matches an anatomical brain, which portrays that what God was giving Adam was in fact, intellect. This is consistent with what Michelangelo expressed in his sonnet:
"After the divine part has well conceived
Man’s face and gesture, soon both mind and hand,
With a cheap model, first, at their command,
Give life to stone, but this is not achieved
By skill. In painting, too, this is perceived:
Only after the intellect has planned
The best and highest, can the ready hand
Take up the brush and try all things received."
In just a couple more weeks, the trees would have shed all their leaves. Branches may fall, land may slide, the scenery may never be the same ever again.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
ENDOWMENT OF ADAM IS A LIMITED EDITION PRINT
Size in Inches
20 x 25
30 x 38
40 x 50
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color and the type of frame depending on the size of the artwork.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. Artworks presented in window mount are matted with window mats and bevel-cut. Artworks presented in box frame are mounted to a backing board.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.