This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
Thera is the ancient civilization that occupied the mountaintop of Messavouno on Santorini island in Greece. It dates back to the 9th century BC and was ruled by a mystical ruler which the city was named after. The volcano which you can see in the photograph erupted around 1600BC before Thera even existed.
Watching the sunset in Santorini is very different compared to anywhere else. Being on a small island in the middle of the Aegean Sea, you are completely devoid of the bustling atmosphere of big cities. You are surrounded by nature that has survived and remained unchanged for thousands of years. Knowing you are sharing the same view and breathing the same salutiferous sea air as the inhabitants of ancient Thera is utterly mind-blowing.
This photograph was created from the cliffs of Santorini. The volcano at the center is surrounded by the sea with the rest of the island engulfing it in a "C" shape. The two ends of the island are visible on both sides of the photograph. The sun has already set, leaving the sky with iridescent color that faded gently into the good night. The cruise ship that turned on its light as darkness approached was deliberately included in the frame as a touch of present-day to contrast the primeval seascape.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
THERA IS A LIMITED EDITION PRINT
Size in Inches
40 x 20
50 x 25
60 x 30
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color of frame which I am happy to assist you with that.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. All panoramic artworks are mounted to a backing board and presented in a box frame.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.