This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
This was my second visit to Iceland. We arrived in Reykjavik first before heading out into the wilderness. The weather hadn't been kind, it was gloomy with low lying clouds, heavy fog and frequent showers most days. On this particular day, I was on the ring road heading east towards the Vatnajökull National Park where the volcanos and icecap are located.
To say the scenery in Iceland is one of a kind is an understatement. We have driven past moorland filled with nothing but lava rocks and moss, majestic waterfall that reminded us of Rivendell and surreal landscape that resembled Mars. This photograph was created along the journey during a pit stop. The mountains of Vatnajökull were sandwiched between the land and the clouds. I could see the road we were going to travel vanished into the distance like the journey into the center of the earth. The expanse of the landscape and its unforgiving nature really put our fragile and short lived human life into perspective.
The name of this artwork has several meaning apart from sharing the same title as the 2012 James Bond movie. In some places, it literally means falling of the sky, much like how the clouds were so low that it obscured part of the mountains. Skyfall also means "downpour" in Swedish, exactly like how it was during my visit.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
SKYFALL IS A LIMITED EDITION PRINT
Size in Inches
20 x 25
30 x 38
40 x 50
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color and the type of frame depending on the size of the artwork.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. Artworks presented in window mount are matted with window mats and bevel-cut. Artworks presented in box frame are mounted to a backing board.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.