This is a limited edition artwork. Please click the button above to enquire.
FROM THE ARTIST
The brown massif with cloud-piercing serrated peaks and razor-sharp edges is one of the most magnificent mountain ranges I have ever seen. From the Karakoram Highway, the giant towering at 6106 meters looked like a guardian protecting the ancient route to the north. The mountain is formally known as Tupopdan or locally as Passu Cones/Cathedral due to its shape. It is situated along the ancient silk road, in one of the most remote places on earth.
I arrived in Passu in the afternoon during a warm summer day. Exploring the area under the scorching hot sun, I wondered if I was the only visitor in the village. I couldn't help but stare at Tupopdan everywhere I go. For one, it could be seen from almost every corner. But I was also fascinated by how close the massif seemed to be from me, an illusion I could never get my head around. Tupopdan is more than just another mountain. Its presence that stood the test of time symbolizes timelessness, perseverance, and resilience.
This photograph was created when the light was illuminating the massif from the west. The timing was deliberate to allow the interplay between light and shadow to accentuate the serrations. The Karakoram Range is known to be rugged without many vegetations and this can be well appreciated here.
ABOUT THE ARTWORK
KATHEDRAL IS A LIMITED EDITION PRINT
Size in Inches
16 x 24
24 x 36
32 x 45
- 1Each artwork is bespokely framed. You can choose the color and the type of frame depending on the size of the artwork.
- 2Each artwork is printed on museum-quality, acid-free paper with archival ink and is guaranteed to be fade resistant for 99+ years.
- 3All frames are bespoke. Artworks presented in window mount are matted with window mats and bevel-cut. Artworks presented in box frame are mounted to a backing board.
- 4Each artwork is sold as a limited edition. It is therefore numbered, personally signed by me, and comes with a certificate of authenticity to guarantee the value of your investment.
- 5I can personalize your artwork so that it is unique to you.
- 6I can personally deliver your artwork to you within 50 miles from Manchester on a case by case basis.
- 7I will personally explain to you where your artwork was taken, at what time of the year, and how it was created. I will also explain to you the story behind and why I chose to create it that way. This will make your artwork much more enjoyable when you share this knowledge with your friends and family.
- 8You will receive a copy of my biography and artist statement.
- 9You will receive my contact number and email address. You can contact me at any time you have a question about your artwork or about your order.
- 10Your artwork can be shipped to you and it will be insured and traceable. Upon shipping, you will receive the tracking number.
- 11In the event the artwork suffers any damage during transit despite all the care taken while packing and shipping your order, I will ship you a replacement at no additional cost.
- 12If you asked to have your artwork shipped to you, your artwork will be delivered in a timely manner. Most artworks are shipped within 2 weeks and arrive at an average of three days within the United Kingdom. For international orders, please expect your artwork to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks.
- 13When you purchase my artwork, you not only purchase an exquisite piece of art to decorate your home, you also purchase a lifetime of knowledge.